Hindu College of Engineering library is fully computerized. The library has provided a single-window search system to all E-Resources such as DELNET Library on college website. Library subscribes to a large number of electronic journals and books through these databases. The library is using Techlib 7 version Library Management software. The Bar code technology is used for circulation of documents. The college has well stocks, equipment with most modern facilities are enriched with more than 21,526 books of standard and quality. The library has subscribed to 10 newspapers, 52 magazines and printed national/international journals of students, faculty and staff. Library has also stocked Competition books like GRE, IELTS, TOFEL, GATE etc. Fully air-conditioned reading hall with seating capacity of 150 readers, more than 200 students visit to the library daily. Library has Book –Bank section for all Ist yr & 2nd yr students. The library has an open access system. The library has an Advisory Committee to support the functioning of the library. The new books are procured by the suggestions and recommendation of the faculty members. Library is a member of DELNET (Developing Library network) & National Digital Library.
Services provided by the Library:
- DELNET/NDL E- resource
- OPAC (Open access catalogue)
- Internet facilities
- Lending Novels
- Lending services
- Lending Periodical CDs & DVDs facility
- Reference services
- Reading room services
- Reprographic services
- Book Bank facilities to poor & merit students
- Access to back issues journals
- Issue/Return Timing: 9.00 A.M to 4.00 P.M (except Lunch Time)
- Lunch Timing: 1.30 P.M to 2.15 P.M
- All students will come with their ID Card. If the borrower card is lost, duplicate borrower card will make of Rs. 50/- & ID card will make of Rs 100/- with the copy of FIR.
- The students must keep their identity card with them when they enter the library. If they fail to produce the identity card on demand they can be refused permission to enter the library.
- The students will come personally to get the book issued.
- The books issued from the Library & Book-Bank Section must be kept very carefully and should not be underlined or damaged. The book should be checked before getting it issued, if damaged it should be brought to the notice of the librarian otherwise the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
- The borrowers are liable for punishment & fine if they misbehave or damage the book or any other property of the library.
- The students on leave must arrange to return their books well in time.
- The students are required to read library notices issued from time to time. Ignorance will be no excuse.
- All students are given books from the Book-Bank. These books are to be returned to the library within a week after the end of Semester.
- Book will be issued only for current day. Delay in returning of the Ref. book will entail a fine of Rs. 5/- per day.
- Books will be issued for a period of 14 days. Delay in returning the book will entail a fine of Rs. one per day per book.
- If the book is lost borrowers have to pay the present cost of the book or replace new book. Any loss of book should be immediately reported to the Library counter and the matter be settled within 15 days by replacing the book or paying the charges.
- Only those books are renewed if the same are not in demand.