The department of Computer Science Engineering / Information Technology offers:
With an aim to carve a niche for itself in CS/IT and allied domains, the department strives to:
- Become a pioneering world-class centre of excellence in education and research through collaborative, consultative and participatory approaches.
- Nurture effective capabilities for the development of high quality technical and scientific manpower to meet challenges of the knowledge-era.
- Provide cost-effective information and communications technology (ICT)-based solutions and value-added services to a variety of organizations and to meet the expectations of stakeholders.
- Foster a learning and creative community that will continuously advance the frontiers of knowledge and promote the deployment and usage of ICT-based applications for betterment of society at large.
The department wants to develop one of the best computing infrastructure including domain-specific labs such as Programming Languages, Operating Systems, Database, Networking, Software Engineering, Open Source Software, Internet and Multimedia Technologies.
The labs are well equipped with the latest equipment for training; research and development in emerging technological domains supported by state-of-the art laboratories having high-end computers (operating on Windows NT/Linux/Solaris platforms). Each laboratory has the relevant software packages with requisite number of user licenses.
The department wants to also set up specialized laboratories such as Wireless and Sensor Networks, Embedded Systems, Image Processing, Grid Computing, Network Modeling and Simulation. These labs will be in-line with the objectives of academic programmes and associated courses.
There are plenty of opportunities for students to supplement the conventional technical education using the following practices:
- In-plant Training and Industry Visits
- Programming and Problem-solving Contests
- Projects and Quiz Competitions
- Students Seminars and Debates
- Interviews and Group Discussions
- Team-building Exercises
- Innovation and Creativity Clubs
- Audio-Visual Presentations and Foreign Language Classes
- Personality Development Programmes
The teaching aids will include Multimedia LCD projectors, and smart class rooms. Campus-wide access to digital library will be provided which links to International Journals and magazines.
The faculty and students will enjoy round- the-clock Internet access that is augmented continuously and ample freedom and facilities to execute projects and transform concepts into actions and applications.