Indian Society for Technical Education
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations. Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE / DST / MIT / State Governments are well associated with the ISTE for programmes relating to technical education. The Headquarters of ISTE is located at New Delhi.
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Institutional chapter was established in the College in the year 2004. The objective of the ISTE Chapter is to keep the faculty members of the College updated about the recent technologies.
Objectives of ISTE Chapter
The major objectives of the ISTE are to:
- Apply curriculum and educational processes to changing conditions.
- To harness the knowledge of Engineering Sciences for the welfare of the society.
- Develop excellent teachers and educational administrators.
- Improve teaching methods and practices and administrative usages.
- Enhance Professional ideals and standards to improve academics.
- Make an effective linkage between technical institutions, industry and society.
Activities of ISTE Chapter
- Arranging Seminars on new technologies by experts for teaching faculties..
- Promoting staffs to interact with the industries.
- Conducting research oriented programs
- Orientation programs in various streams of Engineering.
- Assisting staff members to participate in various International & National Conferences.
Major Benefits of becoming an ISTE Member
- Join an academic fraternity of over 50,000 strong professionals
- Preference to attend short-term training programmes for academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities
- Quarterly Indian Journal of Technical Education (at concessional rates)
- Quarterly International Journal of Engineering Education by American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE), USA (at concessional rates)
- Eligible to apply for various national level awards
- Publications for Self Development, Institution Development, etc. (at concessional rates)
- Eligible to participate in Chapter Level, Section Level and National Level Conferences, Workshops and other activities of your academic interest, etc