COMPUTER SOCIETY OF INDIA
Computer Society of India , established in the year 1965, is today the largest IT professional society in India. The purposes of the Society are scientific and educational directed towards the advancement of the theory and practice of computer science, computer engineering and technology, systems science and engineering, information processing and related arts and sciences. It shall endeavor to:
- Promote interchange of information, in these disciplines and sub-disciplines, amongst the specialists and between specialists and the public.
- Encourage and assist the professionals engaged in these fields to maintain the integrity and competence of the profession and foster a sense of partnership amongst the professionals, engaged in these fields.
- The college is an institutional member of the Computer Society of India. The CSI Student Chapter of Hindu College of Engineering was inaugurated on the 07th November, 2009. The Computer Society of India - HCE Student Chapter is committed to the mission of creating technical awareness among students and providing them with a unique opportunity to learn various techniques in formulating IT strategy, helping them keep abreast of the latest technologies in various avenues. The activities conducted for the students associated with the Society include lecture meetings, seminars, conferences, training programmes, workshops, paper presentation contests, programming events and practical visits to installations. Over the years, the CSI chapter has proved itself to be the most active association in the college.
Specific benefits to members
- CSI members can pay their IEEE-CS fees in US$ drawn on US Bank account in favour of IEEE CS payable at USA to CSI. CSI in turn will remit to IEEE CS. The above discount is over and above all other discounts offered by IEEE CS to its members.
- Similar discount is also planned for IEEE Education Programme, CSDP .
Discount on registration fee for all events conducted by CSI.
- Technical Value Addition to Members
- CSI publishes and mails CSI Communications (a monthly) and CSI Journal (a quarterly) to all members. While the student members get the issues of CSI Communications alone, they can subscribe to the CSI Journal at a nominal rate.
- CSI members can apply for CICC training courses conducted at Japan.
- CSI promotes and provides financial support for research work in contemporary areas in IT and Computer Science. Preference is given to CSI members. Members whose papers are selected for presentation in leading conferences such as VLDB, ICDE etc can approach CSI for travel support to attend such conferences held.